374、英語小故事(中英對照)“最甜蜜的景象”

The Sweetest Sight

最甜蜜的景象

I was in the most beautiful city in the world, yet I only wanted home.

我在世界上最美麗的城市裡,但我隻想回家。

It was an amazing week for my husband and me — the trip of a lifetime.

對我和丈夫來說,這是令人驚奇的一周,是有生之年的一次旅行。

Months ago, when my husband told me that he would have a meeting in London, I told him my wish to go to Europe together with him.

幾個月前,當我丈夫告訴我他要在倫敦開會時,我告訴他我想和他一起去歐洲。

Then we asked his mother to look after our two children and started off.

然後我們請他的母親照顧我們的兩個孩子,然後就出發了。

During the week's time, we visited London and Paris — as much as we could, Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower and so on.

在這周裡,我們參觀了倫敦和巴黎——盡我們所能,大本鐘,埃菲爾鐵塔等等。

All these were beautiful places we expected to see before. We really had a fantastic time.

這些都是我們以前期待看到的美麗的地方。我們真的玩得很開心。

...

On our last night in Paris, after we enjoyed the night sight of the Eiffel Tower, my husband called home.

在巴黎的最後一個晚上,我們欣賞完埃菲爾鐵塔的夜景後,我丈夫打電話回家。

His mother answered the phone.

他媽媽接了電話。

In a second, my husband's face fell and looked so worried.

不一會兒,我丈夫的臉色就變了,看起來很擔心。

I could feel there was something bad.

我能感覺到有些不好的事情發生了。

"What's wrong?" I asked.

“怎麼了?” 我問。

He didn't answer and went on to listen.

他沒有回答,繼續聽着電話。

A few minutes later, he said sadly to me that Tony, our seven-year-old son, fell down from his bike and broke his leg. He must be sent to hospital at once.

幾分鐘後,他傷心地對我說,我們七歲的兒子托尼從自行車上摔下來,摔斷了腿。他必須立即送往醫院。

At that moment, Paris suddenly lost its charm.

就在這時,巴黎突然失去了它的魅力。

"I don't want to be here! I shouldn't be here! I should be home with my kids!"

“我不想待在這裡,我不應該在這裡!我應該回家和我的孩子們在一起!”

We hurried back to our hotel and then to the airport.

我們匆匆趕回旅館,然後又趕到機場……

Finally, we got home. We rushed into our children's bedroom.

最後,我們到家了。我們沖進孩子們的卧室。

Seeing our two children, I suddenly understood the truth:

看到我們的兩個孩子,我突然明白了一個真理:

There is no sweeter sight in the world than our children's faces that greet us at home.

世界上沒有比孩子們在家裡迎接我們的面孔更加甜美的景象了。

...

我是閣香書院,如果你喜歡看我的英語文章,想看更多的英語文章的話,歡迎關注我,讓我們一起學習英語,一起進步吧!

添加新評論

暱稱
郵箱
網站