高一英語必修三,百萬英鎊全文翻譯!
題目:
高一英語必修三,百萬英鎊全文翻譯!
解答:
http://wenku.baidu.com/view/6ab7177bf242336c1eb95ea2.html
3.必修三Unit 3 THEMILLION POUND BANK NOTE百萬英鎊
Act I, Scene 3第一幕,第三場
NARRATOR: 旁白: It is thesummer of 1903. Two old and wealthy brothers, Roderick and Oliver, have made abet. 1903年的夏天,一對老年又富有的兄弟,羅德里克和奧利弗,打了一個賭. Oliver believes that with a million pound bank note a man couldsurvive a month in London. 奧利弗認爲,一個人靠一張百萬英鎊的鈔票在倫敦能活一個月.His brother Roderick doubts it. 他的兄弟羅德里克對此表示懷疑.At this moment, they see a penniless young man wandering on thepavement outside their house. 這時,他們看見一個身無分文的年輕人在房子外面的人行道上遊蕩.It is Henry Adams, an American businessman, who is lost in Londonand does not know what he should do. 他叫亨利·亞當斯,一個美國商人,在倫敦迷了路,不知道該怎麼辦.
RODERICK:Young man, would you step inside a moment, please?
羅德里克:年輕人,請你進來一會兒,好嗎?
HENRY: Who? Me, sir?
亨利:先生,你叫誰啊?是叫我嗎?
RODERICK:Yes, you.
羅德里克:是的,就是你.
OLIVER: Through the front door on your left.
奧利弗:從你左側的前門進來.
HENRY: (A servant opens a door) Thanks.
亨利:(僕人給他打開門)謝謝.
SERVANT: Good morning, sir. Would you please come in? Permit me to lead the way, sir.
僕人:早上好,先生,請進.先生,請讓我來帶路吧.
OLIVER: (Henry enters) Thank you, James. That will be all.
奧利弗:(亨利走進來)謝謝你,詹姆斯,沒你的事了.
RODERICK: How do you do, Mr. ... er ...?
羅德里克:你好,先生,你貴姓?
HENRY:Adams. Henry Adams.
亨利:亞當斯,亨利·.亞當斯
OLIVER: Come and sit down, Mr. Adams.
奧利弗:來,請坐,亞當斯先生.
HENRY: Thank you.
亨利:謝謝
RODERICK: You're an American?
羅德里克:你是美國人?
HENRY: That's right, from San Francisco.
亨利:是的,從舊金山來.
RODERICK: How well do you know London?
羅德里克:你對倫敦熟悉嗎?
HENRY: Not at all, it's my first triphere.
亨利:一點也不熟悉,這是我第一次來倫敦.
RODERICK:I wonder, Mr. Adams, if you'd mind us asking a few questions.
羅德里克:亞當斯先生,不知道你是否介意我們問幾個問題?
HENRY: Not at all. Go right ahead.
亨利:不介意,請問吧.
RODERICK:May we ask what you're doing in this country and what your plans are?
羅德里克:可不可以問問,你在這個國家要干點兒什麼?你的計劃又是什麼呢?
HENRY: Well, I can't say that I have any plans. I'm hoping to find work. As amatter of fact, I landed in Britain by accident.
亨利:嗯,談不上有什麼計劃,我希望能找到工作.事實上,我在英國上岸是偶然的.
OLIVER:How is that possible?
奧利弗:這怎麼可能呢?
HENRY: Well, you see, back home I had my own boat. About a month ago, I wassailing out of the bay ... (his eyes stare at what is left of the brother'sdinner on table)
亨利:嗯,你看,在美國的時候,我有自己的船.大約一個月前,我開船駛出了海灣……(他的眼睛盯著兩兄弟倆留在餐桌上的殘羹剩菜)
OLIVER:Well, go on.
奧利弗:往下說啊.
HENRY: Oh, yes. Well, towards nightfall I found myself carried out to sea by astrong wind. It was all my fault. I didn't know whether I could survive untilmorning. The next morning I'd just about given myself up for lost when I wasspotted by a ship.
亨利:哦,好的.嗯,傍晚時分我發現我被一陣大風颳到海上去了.這都是我的錯.我不知道是否能活到早晨.第二天早上,我正感到絕望的時候,一艘海船發現了我.
OLIVER:And it was the ship that brought you to England.
奧利弗:正是那艘船把你帶到了英國.
HENRY: Yes. The fact is that I earned my passage by working as an unpaid hand,which accounts for my appearance. I went to the American embassy to seek help,but ... (The brothers smile at each other.)
亨利:是的.事實上我靠做義工來頂替船費,這就是我爲什麼衣冠不整的原因了.我上美國大使館求助,但是……(兄弟兩相顧而笑)
RODERICK: Well, you mustn't worry aboutthat. It's an advantage.
羅德里克:嗯,這一點你倒不必擔心,這還是優點呢.
HENRY: I'm afraid I don't quite follow you, sir.
亨利:對不起,先生,你的話我沒有聽懂.
RODERICK: Tell us, Mr. Adams, what sortof work did you do in America?
羅德里克:亞當斯先生,請告訴我們,你在美國干哪個行當?
HENRY: I worked for a mining company. Could you offer me some kind of workhere?
亨利:我在一家礦業公司工作.你們能不能給我提供一份工作呢?
RODERICK: Patience, Mr. Adams. If youdon't mind, may I ask you how much money you have?
羅德里克:耐心點兒,亞當斯先生.如果你不介意,我能不能問問,你手頭兒有多少錢?
HENRY: Well, to be honest, I have none.
亨利:嗯,老實說,我一分錢都沒有了.
OLIVER:(happily) What luck! Brother, what luck! (claps his hands together)
奧利弗:(高興地)老兄,真走運!真有運氣!(鼓起掌來)
HENRY: Well, it may seem lucky to you but not to me! On the contrary, in fact.If this is your idea of some kind of joke, I don't think it's very funny.(Henry stands up to leave) Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll be on my way.
亨利:嗯,這對你們來說可能是運氣,但對我來說可不是.事實上,正好相反.如果你們認爲這是一個笑話,我可不覺得很好笑.(亨利起身準備走)好了,請原諒,我想我該上路了.
RODERICK:Please don't go, Mr. Adams~ You mustn't think we don't care about you.Oliver, give him the letter.
羅德里克:亞當斯先生,請別走.你千萬不要以爲我們不在意你的感受.奧利弗,把信給他.
OLIVER:Yes, the letter. (gets it from a desk and gives it to Henry like a gift)The letter.
奧利弗:是,拿信.(從座上把信拿起來,像送禮品一樣遞給亨利)給你信.
HENRY: (taking it carefully) For me?
亨利:(小心翼翼地接過信)是給我的嗎?
RODERICK:For you. (Henry starts to open it) Oh, no, you mustn't open it. Notyet. You can't open it until two o'clock.
羅德里克:是給你的.(亨利要拆信)啊,別拆,你不要拆,現在不是時候,到兩點鐘你才能打開.
HENRY: Oh, this is silly.
亨利:噢,這真可笑.
RODERICK: Not silly. There's money init. (calls to the servant) James?
羅德里克:這不可笑,這裡邊有錢呢.(叫僕人)詹姆斯?
HENRY:Oh, no. I don't want your charity. I just want an honest job.
亨利:噢,不,我不需要你們的施捨,我只要一份老老實實的工作.
RODERICK: We know you're hard-working.That's why we've given you the letter. James, show Mr. Adams out.
羅德里克:我們知道你工作是很賣力的,這正是我們給你這封信的原因.詹姆斯,請送亞當斯先生出去.
OLIVER: Good luck, Mr. Adams.
奧利弗:祝你好運,亞當斯先生.
HENRY:Well, why don't you explain what this is all about?
亨利:嗯,怎麼不給我講講,這究竟是怎麼回事呢?
RODERICK: You'll soon know. (looks at the clock) In exactly an hour and a half.
羅德里克:你很快就會明白的,(看著鍾)一個半小時以後.
SERVANT: This way, sir.
僕人:請這邊走,先生.
RODERICK: Mr. Adams, not until 2o'clock. Promise?
羅德里克:亞當斯先生,兩點鐘以前不要拆信,答應嗎?
HENRY: Promise. Goodbye.
亨利:答應.再見!
必修三Unit3 THE MILLION POUND BANK NOTE百萬英鎊:
Act I, Scene 4第一幕,第4場
(Outside a restaurant Henry looks at the envelope without opening it anddecides to go in. He sits down at a table next to the front window.)
(在餐館外邊,亨利看了看信封,沒有打開,然後決定走進餐館.他在靠近前邊窗戶的一張桌子旁坐了下來)
OWNER:(seeing Henry's poor appearance) That one's reserved. This way, please.(to the waiter) Take this gentleman's order, Horace.
店主:(看看亨利的那副窮酸相)那張桌子有人訂了.請到這邊來.(對服務員)霍勒斯,來等這位先生點菜.
HENRY: (after sitting down and puttingthe letter on the table) I'd like some ham and eggs and a nice big steak. Makeit extra thick. I'd also like a cup of coffee and a pineappledessert.
亨利:(坐定之後,把信放在桌上)我要火腿加雞蛋,還來一塊大牛排,要特厚的.我還要一杯咖啡,一份菠蘿甜點.
WAITER:Right, sir. I'm afraid it'll cost a large amount of money.
服務員:好的,先生.恐怕這得花費一大筆錢.
HENRY: I understand. And I'll have a large glass of beer.
亨利:我明白.我還要一大杯啤酒.
WAITER:OK. (The waiter leaves and soon returns with all the food.)
服務員:行.(服務員離開了,很快把所有的食物端了上來)
HOSTESS: My goodness! Why, look at him.He eats like a wolf.
女老闆:天哪!你看他,吃起東西來就像頭狼.
OWNER:We'll see if he's clever as a wolf, eh?
店主:瞧著吧,看他是不是像狼一樣機靈?
HENRY:(having just finished every bit of food) Ah, waiter. (waiter returns)Same thing again, please. Oh, and another beer.
亨利:(剛吃完了所有的東西)餵,服務員.(服務員過來了)同樣的東西請再來一份,呃,再來一大杯啤酒.
WAITER:Again? Everything?
服務員:每樣東西都再來一份嗎?
HENRY: Yes, that's right. (sees the look on the waiter's face) Anything wrong?
亨利:是,沒錯.(看著服務員臉上的神色)有什麼不對嗎?
WAITER:No, not at all. (to the owner) He's asked for more of the same.
服務員:不,沒什麼不對.(對店主)他再要一份同樣的食物.
OWNER:Well, it is well-known that Americans like to eat a lot. Well, we'll haveto take a chance. Go ahead and let him have it.
店主:嗯,許多美國人喜歡吃得多,這是大家都知道的.哦,我們得冒點兒風險.去吧,讓他吃吧.
WAITER:(reading the bill after the meal) All right. That's two orders of hamand eggs, two extra thick steaks, two large glasses of beer, two cups of coffeeand two desserts.
服務員:(飯後念帳單)好了.兩份火腿加雞蛋,兩份特厚的牛排,兩大杯啤酒,兩杯咖啡和兩份甜點.
HENRY: (looking at the clock on the wall) Would you mind waiting just a fewminutes?
亨利:(望著牆上的掛鍾)請等幾分鐘好嗎?
WAITER:(in a rude manner) What's there to wait for?
服務員:(很不耐煩地)還等什麼?
OWNER:All right, Horace. I'll take care of this.
店主:霍勒斯,行啦,這兒由我來照應.
HENRY: (to owner) That was a wonderful meal. It's amazing how much pleasure youget out of tile simple things in life, especially if you can't have them for awhile.
亨利:(對店主)這餐飯吃得真棒.從生活中如此簡單的東西之中竟能得到這麼大的樂趣,真是令人吃驚,特別是當你暫時吃不到這些東西的時候.
OWNER:Yes, very interesting. Now perhaps, sir, if you pay your bill I can helpthe other customers.
店主:是的,很有意思.如果你現在能付帳的話,我就可以去照顧別的顧客了.
HENRY: (looking at the clock on the wall again) Well, I see it's two o'clock.(he opens the envelope and holds a million pound bank note in his hands. Henryis surprised but the owner and waiter are shocked) I'm very sorry. But ... I... I don't have anything smaller.
亨利:(又望著牆上的掛鍾)好了,我看兩點鐘到了.(他把信封拆開,拿出一張百萬英鎊的鈔票.亨利感到吃驚,店主和服務員驚呆了)很抱歉,我……我……我沒有小一點兒的鈔票.
OWNER:(still shocked and nervous) Well .. er ... just one moment. Maggie, look!(the hostess screams, the other customers look at her and she puts a hand toher mouth) Do you think it's genuine?
店主:(還在發呆,而且有點兒緊張)好……嗯……,等一會兒.瑪吉,來瞧瞧!(女老闆尖叫起來,其他顧客都望著她,於是,她用手捂住了嘴巴)你看這張鈔票是真的嗎?
HOSTESS: Oh, dear, I don't know. Isimply don't know.
女老闆:天哪,我不知道.我真不知道.
OWNER:Well, I did hear that the Bank of England had issued two notes in thisamount ... Anyway, I don't think it can be a fake. People would pay too muchattention to a bank note of this amount. No thief would want that to happen.
店主:嗯,我確實聽說過英格蘭銀行發行了兩張這樣面值的鈔票……不管怎樣,我覺得這不可能是假鈔.這麼大面值的鈔票會特別引人注意的.小偷可不想引起別人的注意.
HOSTESS: But he's in rags!
女老闆:但是他穿得破破爛爛的!
OWNER:Perhaps he's a very strange, rich man. (as if he has discovered somethingfor the first time) Why, yes! That must be it!
店主:也許他是一個非常怪異而富有的人.(如夢初醒似的)啊,對了,一定是這樣的.
HOSTESS: (hits her husband's arm) And you put him in the back of therestaurant! Go and see him at once.
女老闆:(在她丈夫的手臂上打了一下)是你把他帶到餐廳後面去的,還不馬上去看看他.
OWNER:(to Henry) I'm so sorry, sir, so sorry, but I cannot change this banknote.
店主:(對亨利)先生,對不起,非常對不起,這張鈔票我們找不開.
HENRY: But it's all I have on me.
亨利:而我身上就只帶了這張鈔票.
OWNER:Oh, please, don't worry, sir. Doesn't matter at all. We're so very gladthat you even entered our little eating place. Indeed, sir, I hope you'll comehere whenever you like.
店主:哎呀,先生,請別著急,一點兒也沒關係.我們非常高興你能走進我們這家小吃店.先生,真的,我希望您隨時光臨.
HENRY: Well, that's very kind of you.
亨利:這,你太好了.
OWNER:Kind, sir? No, it's kind of you. You must come whenever you want and havewhatever you like. Just having you sit here is a great honour! As for the bill,sir, please forget it.
店主:我太好了?不,先生,是您太好了.您什麼時候想來就來,想吃什麼就吃什麼.您就是在這兒坐一下也是我們莫大的榮幸!至於說帳單嘛,先生,請把它忘了吧.
HENRY: Forget it? Well ... thank you very much. That's very nice of you.
亨利:忘了它?喔……,那就太謝謝了.你太好了.
OWNER:Oh, it's for us to thank you, sir and I do, sir, from the bottom of myheart. (The owner, hostess and waiter all bow as Henry leaves.)
店主:啊,先生,該是我們謝謝您呢.先生,我從心底里感謝您.
(當亨利離開的時候,店主、女老闆和服務員都一齊向他鞠躬)
添加新評論